ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Joining an ignite cluster (via ignite.sh) delay
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:11:26 GMT
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 09:01AM, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 19.04.2015 00:57, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlevski@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have noticed that with 1.0.0-incubating there is somewhat of a delay with
> >> "joining" an ignite cluster. I have 6 EC2 instances - I start ignite.sh
> >> examples/configs/example-ignite.sh & and then move on the next instance.
> >> The same command on the next instance takes about 5-10 seconds before it
> >> returns and each additional instance seems to take even longer. Anyone else
> >> notice this?
> >>

> > You should not be getting such pauses. What OS are you running on?
> >

> >> I get this when I run ingnite.sh (1.0.0-incubating):
> >> [15:22:31] Topology snapshot [ver=3, nodes=3, CPUs=24, heap=3.0GB]
> >> [15:22:32] New version is available at ignite.incubator.apache.org: 1.0.2
> >>
> >> Where is 1.0.2 available for downloads? All I see is 1.0.0-incubating.
> >>
> > You can download it here: http://www.gridgain.com/download/editions/
>
> HUH?? Excuse me, is Ignite looking at GridGain's site for version
> updates? How on earth can GridGain be offering versions of Ignite that
> have not been released, and worse, how can you possibly call the package

Brane, I believe we have agreed that if anyone wants to offer their own builds
of Ignite - it is ok, until they are not confused with official Apache
releases of Ignite? If so, then someone moving at the different pace than
Ignite can put binaries for uploads and call it a dev snapshot or community
edition or whatever, no? Just trying to make sure we're on the same page.

> 'gridgain-ignite'? There's no such thing.
>
> Really, I thought we had the brand dilution and trademark violation
> questions sorted out.

That's a bad idea, indeed! There shouldn't be such thing as Foo Ignite, where
Foo != Apache. That's a clear contradiction to TM policy.

Regards,
  Cos