ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Loading vs. Preloading
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:32:40 GMT
Igniters,

We have a concept of DataLoader which is responsible for loading large
amounts of data into caches. We also have a concept of "preloading" which
is responsible for the data rebalancing which happens in the background.

I think the naming for data-loading and preloading is too close and gets
confusing. How about we renaming preloading to rebalancing? This would
rename CachePreloadMode to CacheRebalanceMode. A bunch of preloading
configuration properties will have to be renamed too (configuration
properties are documented here:
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/rebalancing).

Again, I am trying to finalize all API changes before resubmitting RC1 for
a vote.

Thoughts?

D.