ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Downloads on the web site
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:17:29 GMT
Brane,

The RC1 was a legitimate Ignite release candidate as it was submitted for a
vote. Please let us know if there are certain documented guidelines here
that we are not aware of.

Moreover, this RC1 zip archive provides users with the ability to kick the
tires with Apache Ignite ahead of time, before the official 1.0 release is
out. I am not sure how removing it serves either community or user base of
the Ignite project.

As a side note, we already have addressed all RC2 issues and are a couple
of days away from sending out RC3 for a vote, which will most likely become
an official Apache Ignite 1.0 release. It will be easier to just switch one
zip archive with another when that happens.

D.