ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 release
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:12:46 GMT
On 28.03.2015 10:43, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 09:00AM, Branko ─îibej wrote:

>>> Would it make sense to turn off 'lgpl' by default? Perhaps doesn't have to be
>>> addressed until next release, unless a re-spin will happen.
>> These dependencies /have/ to be turned off by default, because otherwise
>> it's too easy to build binaries that are not ALv2. Especially if that
>> -P-lgpl is not documented anywhere.
> It's documented at the top of the DEVNOTES.txt. But it's better to off it by
> default, of course to avoid _any_ possible hiccups.

Ah, right, it's in devnotes in the package.

  * 'For official apache binary release,' ... there is no official
    Apache binary release.
  * 'To execute this build you need to be in GIT root folder.' ...
    appears not to be true.

All the other 'optional' dependencies are built by default. Why are they
called optional?

Really, I seem not to be getting the message through here. And I keep
getting the impression that someone is in a huge hurry to just get
something out the door. I have to ask again, what's the rush?

-- Brane