ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite Release Candidate is uploaded
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:55:07 GMT
On 25.03.2015 19:07, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Brane,
>
> The wrong download checksum issue has been addressed (I think). Please
> double check me. The reason it happened was that I had two identical
> folders with different names sitting next to each other and grabbed the
> wrong one. The only difference was the name of the archive. (I should
> really stop working after midnight :)

Should be publishing exactly what was voted on, not even re-zipping,
IMO. This is one of the reasons why it's a good idea to have the whole
release process scripted; no manual archiving, copying, etc. anywhere.

> As far as keeping the binary bits in the "dist.apache.org", I looked around
> and many projects are doing it, e.g. Cassandra (TLP), Aurora (Incubating).

The binaries must be on dist.apache.org; that's mandatory. Any change on
that site is mirrored to a zillion places around the world.

> I believe it only poses an issue when you have massive amount of downloads,
> like Apache HTTP server for example, which is not the case for us. If it is
> OK, I would prefer to leave it as is for now, or ask the community to
> address it later.

I'd consider it a service to users to provide links to mirrors whenever
possible. It's not something that needs addressing right now, but it
would be nice to get it done soon-ish. As I said, I can help here; I
know how the direct-download links to mirrors are set up for Subversion
and APR, so it shouldn't be too hard get a similar solution working for
Ignite.

-- Brane