ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite Community Page
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:41:18 GMT
On 17.03.2015 09:25, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I'll take a look and follow up as soon as planetcassandra.org actually
>>> loads for me ... right now it's either down, or my 'net is hosed.
>>
>> Right, let's begin with the first impression of the site:
>>
>>   * planetcassandra.org does not use the Cassandra logo, clearly states
>>     trademark attribution to the ASF, and clearly states this is a
>>     "Datastax community service"
>>
> I honestly do not see your point.
>
> In the interests of removing any hypocrisy from your argument, if you look
> on this page "http://planetcassandra.org/cassandra/", then it specifically
> says directly in the BOLD HEADER: "Download DataStax Community Edition —
> Apache Cassandra™". Now, I can make the same argument, that for my
> intentionally naive views, it seems like DataStax is actually in charge of
> official releases of Apache Cassandra. Of course, no one in their right
> mind actually does think that.
>
> With that in mind, I believe that saying "Apache Ignite Developer Hub Run
> By GridGain" is as clear as a bell and we should stop nitpicking here. If
> you still disagree, then provide sound reasoning accompanied by the text
> that in your mind will be proper here.

I'm going to say this just once: *YOU* are here to learn how the ASF
works. *I* am trying to help you understand the rules and am doing my
best to explain them and the reasons for them. Calling the *volunteer*
effort I'm putting into this "nitpicking" is less than polite. Telling
me to write content for GridGain's site in my free time is tastless, to
put it mildly.

You seem to assume that our trademark policies are just an impediment
that must be removed with minimal effort, and that vendor neutrality is
just a marketing buzzword, despite my explaining time and again why
that's not the case.

Remind me, why do you think It's a good idea that I spend several hours
a week helping a podling, just to be insulted in public by the likes of you?

-- Brane