ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 17:13:43 GMT
On 14.03.2015 14:29, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> I am resubmitting 1.0 RC3 for a vote having addressed comments from Brane
> about some binaries in the project.
>
> I have uploaded the new RC3 release candidate to:
>   http://people.apache.org/~dsetrakyan/ignite-1.0.0-RC3
>
> GIT tag: release-1.0.0-RC3 (I deleted the old RC3 tag and created the new
> one)

For the future, I recommend not moving a tag; instead, if a release
package is bad, just create the next highest numbered package; in this
case, it'd be RC4 (or more likely RC5, since this is the second
resubmission of the "same" package). Doing it this way avoids possible
misunderstandings about what is being proposed for release.

Of course this is not a requirement, just my recommendation; version
numbers are cheap; reviews of the wrong package are expensive.

-- Brane