ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:44:01 GMT
On 13.03.2015 09:38, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 13.03.2015 08:25, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
>> I am resubmitting 1.0 RC3 for a vote having addressed comments from Cos and
>> Brane. Note that this is a real RC, and not a 1.0 yet. We would like to
>> spend another week testing it before announcing a final 1.0 release. Any
>> feedback from the community about the RC, in the mean time, will be much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> I have uploaded the new RC3 release candidate to:
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dsetrakyan/ignite-1.0.0-RC3
>>
>> GIT tag: release-1.0.0-RC3
>>
>> The following changes were made based on all the feedback I got for RC2:
>>
>> 1. Added DISCLAIMER.txt
>> 2. Added DEVNOTES.txt
>> 3. Updated NOTICE.txt with section about "org.jdk8.backport" package
>> released to public domain under creative commons.
>> 4. Removed "licenses" folder
>> 5. Renamed the ZIP archive as suggested by Cos.
>>
>> Instructions on how to run RAT and how to build the project are available
>> in DEVNOTES.txt file.
>>
>> Please start voting.
>>
>> +1 - to accept the RC3 as Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.0
>> 0 - don't care either way
>> -1 - DO NOT accept RC3 as Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.0 (explain why)
> The expanded .zip produces a __MACOSX artefact directory again.
>
> The archive contains compiled binaries:
>
> ./modules/core/src/main/java/META-INF/native/linux64/libigniteshmem.so
> ./modules/core/src/main/java/META-INF/native/osx/libigniteshmem.dylib
> ./bin/include/igniteservice.exe
>
> I'm sorry that I didn't notice those before.

When I run:

    $ mvn clean package -DskipTests -P-release

the build fails with the following error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project ignite-tools: Fatal error compiling: invalid target release:
1.7 -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following
articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

My jdk is:

    $ javac -version