ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:13:48 GMT
On 13.03.2015 08:41, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Brane,
>
> 1. The license files you are seeing are used for the binary builds and are
> not related to the source code. I believe we are not violating any ASF
> policies here by having these files under the source tree.

Sure, I was just wondering why they're there. As a matter of interest:
how and why does the binary build use a GPL license file?

> 2. The classes in "org.jdk8.backport" package are standard Java8 classes
> copied over to our source tree. The headers are standard headers from the
> java source code:
>
> See here for example:
> http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/root/jdk/openjdk/6-b27/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap.java
>
> The whole OpenJDK is licensed under GPL w/ CPE, however, some classes from
> java.util.concurrent as also released to the public domain by Doug Lee.
> These classes are dual licensed, and I am not sure why we need to waste
> time asking if the code submitted to the "public domain" is allowed under
> ASF. Public domain code is clearly allowed.

Ah, with the help of this I now found

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/jdk8/jdk/file/tip/src/share/classes/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap.java

which appears to be the canonical source of those files.

Oh well ... I suppose it's not our problem to verify that one Doug Lee
actually had permission to release those files to the public domain.

-- Brane