ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 release
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:24:33 GMT
Actually, I think I have to revoke my earlier +1. Here's why - and I
appreciate Brane's insisting on this point: even if the source release doesn't
include any unfriendly licensed code, there's no way right now for anyone to
build an (L)GPL-free binary artifact. Hence, the moment binaries are put up
for download all issues mentioned earlier will hit us.

Yes, it means that if someone chooses to get binaries from Ignite's ASF
website and wants to use hibernate - he will need to do an extra step and get
these jars elsewhere (from a 3rd party entity or else). And that's in fact why
I was speculating that it might be useful to have a script as a part of the
release to download them if a user wants to. Too bad there are software
licenses incompatible with each other. That's a fact we need to find a way to
deal with.

That said - I don't see any issues with the source artifact - that's just
build system that need a bit of tweaking. I am happy to help with the build
system changes, if you need my help at this point.

Thanks,
  Cos