ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 release
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:40:06 GMT
Another topic that I'd like to address before this gets into the final
release. During the voting on RC3 (or even before) we have discussed that
bundling LGPL libs is a bad idea as it really _changes_ the distribution
license for the artifacts. Yet, I see that RC3 is (and perhaps 1.0 will be as
well) including some LGPL and EPL bits (Hibernate is one of the examples).

I think those shouldn't be a part of binaries posted on ASF dist. As an
alternative, anyone providing their own binary archives can do it from their
own servers. It would be a good practice though to warn users of what they are
getting into using the binaries under the aforementioned licenses.

Am I making any sense? Thanks,
  Cos