ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Herrmann" <...@gridgain.com>
Subject RE: Vendor Neutrality
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:37:54 GMT
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we apologize; unfortunately this email
was sent out prematurely without the proper reviews. We will make every effort to ensure that
future promotional emails from GridGain, including for this webinar, will promote Ignite in
a vendor-neutral manner.

Regards,

Max Herrmann, EVP Marketing
GridGain Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Vesse [mailto:rvesse@vdesign-studios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:35 AM
To: dev@ignite.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Vendor Neutrality

All

Just got the following email (forwarded below) in regards to a GridGain run webinar about
Apache Ignite

While promotional activities are perfectly normal and acceptable within the confines of relevant
Apache policies [1,2] please be aware that Apache is a vendor neutral organisation.  In particular
the language "get the details of this exciting new Apache project directly from the source"
implies GridGain as the source in the email rather than the ASF.

You should either promote Ignite in a vendor neutral manner (which this email does not IMO)
or promote GridGain as a product while appropriately attributing it as being powered by Ignite.

Part of the duty of the PMC is to enforce and protect the Ignite brand and being vendor neutral
is a key part of this.

Regards,

Rob

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
[2]: http://apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html

Date:  Wednesday, 25 March 2015 14:02
Subject:  Webinar: Apache Ignite(TM) (incubating) Coding Examples

> Thank you for attending our introduction to Apache Ignite™
> (incubating) webinar recently with GridGain co-founder and EVP
> Engineering, Dmitriy Setrakyan.  We know that many of the attendees
> wanted to see coding examples, which we weren't able to do in that
> presentation.  So we have scheduled a follow-up webinar to focus
> specifically on coding examples for Apache Ignite™ (incubating).
>
> In this one hour webinar Dmitriy will briefly review the essentials of
> Apache Ignite before taking a deep dive into several coding examples
> that show just how easy it is to implement this robust in-memory data
> fabric.  There will be plenty of time for Q&A as well, so this is the
> perfect opportunity to get the details of this exciting new Apache project directly from
the source.