ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject TTL and expire time for data center replication.
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:30:06 GMT
Hi,

Currently our data center replication code in Ignite depends on the fact
that DR engine will pass explicit TTL and expire time for each cache entry.
This is so because earlier in GridGain it was possible to set separate TTL
for each cache entry.

With the latest changes we have one ExpiryPolicy per cache. Therefore, all
entries will have the same expiration logic. I think we can remove explicit
TTL and expire time from DR logic with the following assumptions:
1) By default receiver cache will apply it's own expiration policy for
entries from remote cache assuming that caches in both data centers have
the same expiration logic.
2) If it is necessary to define different expiration policy for remote
cache, it could be overriden in cache plugin (separate method will be added
to DR manager).

This will remove lot's of spaghetty-like code from Ignite and will reduce
DR entry size by 16 bytes.

Any objections in this?

Vladimir.