ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Serializable futures?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:54:58 GMT
Guys, I think that we should rework our future to make it more clean and
lightweight.

1. remove async notification - everyone can create listener that executes
in async manner
2. we can remove context - it will not be used in future any more
3. remove boolean fields that manage async settings
4. remove validity check + externalizable
5. remove listeners collection, but have 1 listener and chain them if
needed. I suspect in 99% of cases we have only 1 listener.

Feel free to comment - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-216

--
Yakov Zhdanov, Director R&D
*GridGain Systems*