ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Managed Services -> Service Grid
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 02:36:29 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose rebranding our Managed Services functionality into
Service Grid. I have asked around and "managed services" sounds confusing
and does not resonate with developers. Service Grid on the other hand is
more consistent with Data Grid and Compute Grid components provided by
Ignite.

Service Grid provides such features as cluster-singleton,
per-node-singleton, SLA-based deployments, guaranteed continuous
availability of a service in case of failures, etc.

Let me know your thoughts on the naming.

D.