ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about v1.0 release RC
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:21:17 GMT
On 18.02.2015 19:45, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Dmitriy,
>
> the point isn't about the blogging on the topic but about saying "based on
> Apache X release Y.Z" unless such thing as Y.Z exists. Now, as the RC is in
> the vote it isn't an issue, I believe.

Yes it is. It's a huge issue. That zip file is not a release until it's
voted so by the IPMC. As of right now, even the PPMC vote isn't closed yet.

Nobody should be announcing an Apache release other than through Apache
channels.

FWIW, WANdisco got (private) flak for a couple years (from Greg, Hyrum,
myself, etc.) for doing just this sort of ... I won't repeat the
adjective ... thing. They've more or less learned now ...

By the way, that blog post doesn't even follow our trademark policy:
there's no trademark attribution, and the use of the Ignite logo needs
permission from the ASF VP of trademarks or from the IPMC chair. It's
kind of sad to see a project member ignore our own brand protection
policies.

-- Brane