ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about v1.0 release RC
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:13:26 GMT
On 18.02.2015 18:39, Henry Saputra wrote:
> I just saw blog post by gridgain:
>   http://gridgain.blogspot.com/2015/02/apache-ignite-v10-is-born.html
>
> which I do not see any VOTE thread about this. Please all committers
> and PPMCs be comfortable how ASF does releases [1]
>
> While project is in ASF incubator any publications are ,ore strict
> than top level projects [2] so need to make sure to contact ASF press
> team about it.
> Would love to see announcement in ASF channel first before any vendor website.

There's another, more serious issue: the release hasn't been voted on
yet, and there's no guarantee that the current candidate artefacts will
be released. For example, no-one has even run RAT on the artefacts yet,
as far as I know (I'm working on that and hope to get it done tonight).

You should never, ever blog about a non-existent Apache release as if it
was a done deal. This is seriously bad behaviour. The blog post even
calls the release 'available' and provides a download link, even though
there has not been a single +1 vote from PPMC yet, let alone IPMC. You
really should think twice before publishing.

I'm going to have to ask you to remove that blog post and issue a
retraction. Which means, publicly say that you jumped the gun and the
thing isn't released yet.

-- Brane (not happy at all)