ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch validation on TC
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 07:34:43 GMT
Looks like I have stepped on (the same?) issue that everybody else. I have
checked out the repo;

    % git clone --depth 1 https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-ignite.git
    % gco -b spint-2 origin/sprint-2
    % git am ../IGNITE-187.patch

and got this
Applying: IGNITE-187 Refactoring of node attributes.
error: patch failed: modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/GridKernalContext.java:500
error: modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/GridKernalContext.java: patch
does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 IGNITE-187 Refactoring of node attributes.
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".

Now, I'd like to figure out a couple of things, so I can move forward:
 - how the patches are prepared: what is the _exact_ command being used
 - are they cut after dev. branch is rebased over current integration branch, sprint-2 I presume?
 - is anyone else is seeng the same issues?

Appreciate the input as it will help me to move forward with patch validation. Thanks
  Cos