ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject General recommendation on JIRA handling...
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 07:02:35 GMT
Guys,

when you do upload a new attachment to JIRA it doesn't make any sense to
delete the old one. The main reason is that the sequence of attachments allows
to trace the evolution of the patch (if needed).

Another good reason: removing the patches from JIRA might affect the patch
validation CI as the attachments with particular IDs would be no longer found,
etc. etc. Here's an example I've just struggled with
(look under History tab and compare to the name of the patch attachment).

Another small thing: if you keep the same name for the patch JIRA will
automatically makes indication of what version is the latest and make the rest
of them links light-grey. Very convenient as one doesn't need to figure out
manually which attachment to open for review, etc.

One last thing: it'd be nice to have some uniformity in the patch formation.
E.g. I see that some patches have prefix "../", others are "./", and the rest
of them are nicely formatted with 'git format-patch'. Can we always use the
latter to simplify the auto-validation? We always can make the latter quite
complex to handle all of these, if needed.

Thanks,
  Cos