ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Iteration in continuous queries
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:11:41 GMT
Currently, when continuous query is executed, it first iterates over
existing results before processing continuous updates. This iteration can
take a lot of time and not always needed.

Imagine simple scenario:

   - Load initial data from DB to cache;
   - Register continuous query for further updates that will happen while
   application is running;
   - Run the application.

In most cases notifications on initial data are not needed, but you get
them regardless of whether you registered query before or after data

I think we should add a flag on continuous query that allows to enable or
disable this behavior. Also I think that it should be disabled by default
because I really can't imaging a use case when you need to iterate through
the whole cache. Also it's not obvious what is happening in this case - if
user was not attentive enough reading the documentation and there is a lot
of data, he may think that query simply hanged during registration process.

Thoughts?