ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Amazon cloud support for Ignite
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 03:17:24 GMT
I would like to start brainstorming a possibility of automating starting
fully configured Ignite instances on AWS cloud.

The problem is that simply creating an Ignite AMI and storing it on AWS is
not very convenient as users will always have to add their own
configuration and JAR files to Ignite prior to its start. Ideally I would
like Ignite EC2 instances be able to get the new configuration and JARs
automatically without forcing users to create new images every time they
need to change a line in the configuration file.

A possible way to support it would be to create a shell script which will
SCP the new configuration and JARs into the Ignite EC2 instances. Each
Ignite EC2 instance should have a Puppet recipe which will monitor that
either the configuration or JAR files changed and will (re)start the Ignite
process with new settings.

To summarize, the process should be as follows:

- We create Ignite AMI images for every Ignite release.
- User executes Ignite EC2 shell script (let's call it ignite-ec2.sh) and
tells it which configuration and JARs to deploy to the EC2 instances and
how many instances to start.
- Ideally we should also allow to automatically run examples and see the
output.

Please speak up if you can think of a better way to automate this process.

D.