ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Cache.invoke(...) vs GridCache.transform() methods
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 00:49:03 GMT
I had a discussion with Alexey G. today and it turns out that we may have
missed an important use case that was available with
GridCache.transform(...) method (which was removed) and is no longer
supported with Cache.invoke(...).

The difference is that Cache.invoke(EntryProcessor, ...) does everything
GridCache.transform(...) could do, except transactions.
GridCache.transform(...) methods, however, can be invoked within
transactions.

Is it possible to support transactions with Cache.invoke(EntryProcessor,
...) methods?

Or should we bring the transform(..) methods back? If yes, then they should
look like this:
----
<T> T transform(K, IgniteClosure<T, MutableEntry<K, V>)
<T> T transformAll(Collection<K>, IgniteClosure<T, MutableEntry<K, V>>)
----

Thoughts? (especially Alexey G, and Semyon, since you were working on this
feature)

D.