ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial confluence export/import
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:28:22 GMT
On 21.01.2015 21:58, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 21.01.2015 21:18, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
>>> Additionally, I wanted to find out if any one has any experience having
>>> "versioned" documentation. For example, in GridGain, every time we do a
>> new
>>> release, we create a copy of our documentation space for the new release
>>> and make changes there. This way we have a separate documentation space
>> for
>>> every GridGain version.
>>>
>>> How is documentation versioning generally handled in Apache? Can we just
>>> continue to have a space per version?
>> Just do whatever works best for you and your users.
>>

> My concern was that INFRA may actually not allow to create a new space for
> every release. If we do 1 release per month, then we will be generating
> about 12 spaces per year. I guess I will have to find out from INFRA
> whether that would be acceptable.

What really makes me wonder is why you'd need a complete copy of all
documentation for every release. Depending on how you intend to maintain
older releases, this could become a bit of a maintenance nightmare.

So the first thing to do is, decide what your support policy is. It
might turn out that you really only need complete documentation for the
releases you support, and even then, you could probably fully document
the latest release and maintain (reverse?) change logs for previous
releases.

-- Brane