ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: osv.io
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 03:35:28 GMT
Yes, there's a couple of people who dealt with it before ;) But you seriously
endangered this list and made it spam-prone as it's one of Roman's pet-peeves
;) Brace yourselves!

There are a few things to consider about OSV:
 - their network performance is awesome
 - the startup time is next to non-existent
 - it is essentially a single-process system, e.g. if you run a JVM inside of
   it and try to exec/from it - you're likely to be in a world of pain. At
   least to my knowledge from a few months back
 - deployment needs some love as it's built around Go, which might not be
   everyone's favorite

We can perhaps invite one of their core guys Don Marti to come over at a
meetup and give us a talk. He's local to East Bay.

Cos