ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ignite Streaming Redesign
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 21:25:01 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:58PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> > cos@apache.org>
What would
> > bunch of

> > documentation to
> > >
> > > Eventually, it would be really nice to have docs on ASF infrastructure.
> > > There's no rush; any time before graduation is fine. :) In the meantime,
> > > clearly noting on the site that the doc links are external is good
> > enough.
> > >
> > > Once you're ready to start migrating, I suggest you take a look at
> > >
> > >     http://moinmo.in/ConfluenceConverter
> > >
> > > (which points to http://hgweb.boddie.org.uk/ConfluenceConverter). Looks
> > > like it's fairly well maintained, so definitely worth a try.
> >
> > I see an issue here - which might need to be discussed on incubator@.
> > Here's
> > the problem as I see it:
> >  - a project - Ignite (incubating) in question - has its documentation in
> >    Confluence
> >  - while in incubation the project needs to use a different kind of Wiki -
> >    MoinMoin - hence will have to undergo the conversion from one to another
> >  - TLPs are using Confluence wiki, so one the project in question has
> >    graduated - the conversion needs to happen again, but this time in the
> >    opposite direction.
> >

> This process seems a bit redundant to me. I think ideally we should be able
> to keep the docs in GridGain confluence and migrate to Apache at the time
> of graduation. Will this work?

One of the criteria of the graduation is that all bits of the project are
hosted on the ASF infra (as Brane alluded earlier). And there are good reasons
for that. Thus it would be a sort of catch-22 wrt external documentation.

However, doing the conversion back and forth seems to be excessive and
annoying. So, let's figure out if the docs could be just migrated to
Confluence right away.

Roman, with your IPMC chair hat on - could you comment if this is possible
atm? If not - can we work with INFRA to let incubator projects host their
content on ASF Confluence? May be it is the case right now, but I am simply
unaware about it.

Cos