ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Patch review process: is there any?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:16:56 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan
<dsetrakyan@gridgain.com> wrote:
> I would prefer that we establish some rules before committing to the main
> release branch.
>
>    1. For every release we create a main release branch.
>    2. Every ticket must be worked on in a separate GIT branch. For example,
>    if the ticket name is IGNITE-xxx, then the branch name should be ignite-xxx.

I can understand feature branches, but why this complication for
simple(r) JIRAs? IOW, if all I have is a single patch, why can't
I just attach it to JIRAs and then commit?

Btw, in virtually all ASF projects I've seen making patches available on JIRA
seems like a must.

Thanks,
Roman.