ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Patch review process: is there any?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 01:54:07 GMT
Guys,

first of: congrats on moving forward with code base import and fully
functional website! I also see that people are working quite hard on adding
new stuff and fixing some post-import issues. Which leads me to this generic
question:
 - what's the formal review process of changes, if any?

>From what I see in Apache - and I'm begging veterans here to correct me -
there are two different school of thoughts:
 # Review Then Commit (or RTC)
 # Commit Then Review (or CTR)

There's no right or wrong way of doing this. And perhaps you might want to
employ a practice of CaTHWI (or Commit and The Hell With It). It's really up
to you.

Which one is/will be a common practice in the Ignite (incubating)? I haven't
seen much of discussion on the topic, so I presume you keep on using the same
practice as it was accepted in the engineering team behind of the product. But
as the community develops and grows it might be a good idea to think about
some formal steps in this direction.

So, thoughts?
--
  Cos