ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] for a Apache Ignite Logo
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 23:56:52 GMT
On 02.11.2014 00:35, Stack wrote:
> Engineers are bad at graphics.

Yup. Of course, some of us used to spend time in the pits of pre-press,
so we at least have a rough idea about what /not/ to do. Some of the
proposed logos would look great as gas station billboards ... :)

>  If this VOTE comes up with an unsatisfactory
> tally -- there is no overwhelming winner -- then I'd suggest we do some
> reevaluation rather than just take the 'winner'.

Instead of a plain vote, I suggest we use a variant of STV[1] (which is
used, e.g., to vote for the ASF board[2]). That's more likely to give a
reasonable result.

My choice then would be:

 1. #200
 2. #135
 3. #560

-- Brane

P.S.: I'm sure we could use the existing ASF voting tool to tally the
results

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/general/BoardVoting