ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tom Kunicki <tkuni...@usgs.gov>
Subject ibatis-3-mapper.dtd question
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 03:17:47 GMT

Is there any reason for the strict ordering of child elements for resultMap, resultMap/collection,
and resultMap/association elements?

There current specification in the ibatis-3-mapper.dtd for the resultMap element looks like:

<!ELEMENT resultMap (constructor?,id*,result*,association*,collection*, discriminator?)>

For my work the order of calls to the mapped object is important and I would like to use:

<!ELEMENT resultMap (constructor?,id*,(result*|association*|collection*|discriminator?)*)>

to, as an example, support a structure something like

<mapper>
 <restultMap>
   <result />
   <association />
   <result />
   <collection />
 </resultsMap>
</mapper>

I have tested this against with my local build and it appears to work as desired which means
the iBatis parsing can handle the DTD change (haven't noticed side effects *yet*).  Any thoughts
on incorporation a change like this into future iBatis releases?

For background we are using iBatis 3.0 to directly map multiple row results sets to StAX events
by using a singleton result object implementing the Map interface (from a custom ObjectFactory).
 The map keys (property attribute of resultMap/result element) represent the XML element/attribute
stack (along with some unflattening directives) and the values are the mapped columns.
So far this has allowed us to stream GB of results from a single request w/ minimal footprint.

Thanks,

Tom Kunicki
Center for Integrated Data Analytics
U.S. Geological Survey