ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] iBATIS Project Team Moving to Google Code
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 00:39:24 GMT
Anyone can fork the code.  But you cannot call it iBATIS.

As for the issues, we have no intention of migrating all of the issues from
Jira to Google Code.  We've moved the iBATIS 3 open tickets, only because
there were only 20 and it was easy to do.  The Jira system will be frozen by
Sunday.

Most of the iBATIS 2 tickets are stale, and any that are worth porting
should be ported by the original author if they deem it important enough.
Only major defects (like security or stability) will be addressed in the 2.x
codebase.

That said, now that iBATIS 3 is GA, I'm starting to think it might be time
to look into an iBATIS 2 > 3 converter... it's probably faster and easier to
create that than to try to support 2 versions of the framework in the long
term.

Cheers,
Clinton