ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Giorgio Vespucci <giorgio.vespu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Injecting an iBatis DAO
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 07:33:24 GMT
2010/5/8 Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com>

> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Maciej Radochonski
> <mradochonski@gmail.com> wrote:
> > From technical point of view it is ok, but I would suggest to keep all
> the
> > database related code in DAO class, because what are you doing here is
> > mixing two layers that should be kept separate, BO and DAO.
>
> I couldn't disagree more. :)
>
> I think it's totally OK to put transactional logic outside of the data
> access layer - it keeps the data access code simpler, and it's still
> trivial to unit test with mock

I'm trying now to use declarative transaction approach, because I'm using
Spring 3.0.2, so the Dao doesn't matter if it's in a transaction or not, but
I still need using startBatch() and executeBacth(), because my insert(data)
can be thousands! :)

Is it still feasable/correct the approach to inject the DAO?

Indeed I do not want mix the two logic, but the constraint is to do all the
work in one single loop.

I'm reading lots of line from a BufferedReader and I would analyze and save,
and eventually commit/rollbak at the end of the loop.

--
Giorgio Vespucci
giorgio [dot] vespucci [at] gmail [dot] com