ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Alex Park <yjac...@paran.com>
Subject Re: How to get a result from output parameter(SYS_REFCURSOR) in iBATIS 3(by using annotation)
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:32:58 GMT
Thanks for your kindness and recommendation Guy,

Actually, I didn't think that I had to use output parameter and ref cursor.
Because stored procedures don't need any output parameter to get result sets
in case of SQL Server. (SQL Server is major in-house DBMS)
But Oracle stored procedure seems to need output parameter as ref cursor
to get a result set.
That is why I'm trying to use it.

I got some questions from your answer.
Is it possible to get a result set from SP without ref cursor? And what is the
meaning of the simpler iBATIS functionality? Is it a map? or using query instead
of SP?