ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling stale data on End User
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:31:26 GMT
There's nothing automatic in iBATIS to deal with this.

I suggest you do some research on "optimistic locking" - this is the
most common pattern for dealing with concurrency issues in the web
world.  iBATIS supports an optimistic locking strategy, but you have
to implement the SQL yourself - and design your tables properly.

Or - you can just let user B overwrite user A's changes.  In reality,
this is probably the most common pattern :)

Jeff Butler

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Vinaya Tirikkovalluru
<vinaya.tirikkovalluru@converge.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation below..
>
> User A and User B queried the data for a part and are in edit mode.
> User A updates the part successfully. As user B is still in the screen,
> he does not know about the update. Now user B updates. Is there a way to
> show the user that the data is already stale to User B in Ibatis/Spring
> which makes it easier?
>
> Thanks
> Vinaya
>

> This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies)
named above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination
or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.