ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Schiettecatte <fschietteca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SqlSession.close() without committing
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:09:14 GMT
If you start a transaction or don't have auto-commit on, then the transaction will be rolled
back. At least that is what I am seeing which makes sense to me.

F.

On Apr 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, cowwoc wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    What happens if I close() a SqlSession without committing? Does iBatis guarantee that
the transaction will roll back? I ask because I want to use the following pattern:

> SqlSession session = factory.openSession();
> try
> {
>  // do work
>  session.commit();
> }
> finally
> {
>  session.close();
> }
>
>    If no exception is thrown, the session gets committed. Otherwise, it is rolled back
without having to catch exceptions and explicitly roll back.