ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Björn Raupach <raup...@e2n.de>
Subject Re: Problem with sql map XML files inside jar
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:04:54 GMT
Ok, solved my issue. I added the following statement before instantiating SqlSessionFactory.

[..]
Resources.setCharset(Charset.forName("UTF-8"));
reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
SqlSessionFactory factory = new SqlSessionFactoryBuilder().build(reader,props);
[..]

Maybe UTF-8 should be set as the default charset not the system charset. After all the xml
files are declared as utf-8 in the header.

cheers,
Björn

On Apr 22, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Björn Raupach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there are some german umlauts in my mapper files. In fact all the column and table names
in the database are in german.  Unit tests run fine. If I create a jar file and include all
the mapper files, the application crashes with an sql exception because the umlauts in the
table name are not properly encoded e.g. Pers‚îú√ÇnlicheKontakte instead of PersönlicheKontakte