ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nate Weiss <n...@twintechs.com>
Subject Re: Auto-provision of jdbcType for "nullable parameters" case
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 03:15:19 GMT
On 4/9/2010 8:22 PM, Clinton Begin wrote:
> I've improved this in the next release.  While it's not officially
> released yet, try this:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/ibatis/ibatis-3-core/ibatis-core-3.0.0-bundle.zip

Wow, thank you, I just tested it out and it seems to be working
perfectly so far.  I was able to remove the jdbcType meta-info from my
#{} parameter notation and it worked.  I will let you know if I run into
any problems with it, as I'll be doing some more of this over the coming
days.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that opening a session with
ExecutorType.BATCH is incompatible with useGeneratedKeys="true".  This
makes conceptual sense I suppose and probably warrants a bit of a "duh"
on my part, as I imagine the driver may not be capable of back the keys
correctly when batching is in effect since there could be more than one
(I assume).  If this is the case a quick note in the doc might be
helpful in the form of a note (I could jot something down and submit) or
in the error message that reads "Error getting generated key or setting
result to parameter object"... maybe adding something like "Note: If you
are using the batched executor this would be expected behavior, please
use a different executor" would be nice.

In any case thank you very much for that fixed build, really appreciate it.

nate