ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From kiran vuppla <kirankumar_vup...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New Data Type - Date in Sql Server 2008
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:18:00 GMT
Thanks for the reply. Actually I do have dynamic columns (it varies for each request) ${columns}
in the select statement and so there is no result map attached to it. The return type is HashMap
with the data stored in it. So I am not sure how to provide the type info. And if iBatis is
not doing any conversions I am wondering why it is converting Date Type (Sql Server) to String
in the resultSet I receive.

And BTW can you please provide me the link/site where I can get the latest version of iBatis
jar?

Thanks,
Kiran

________________________________
From: Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: Sun, April 4, 2010 9:48:55 AM
Subject: Re: New Data Type - Date in Sql Server 2008

iBATIS returns whatever type you tell it to based on your result maps or just the bean property
type.  Based on this it calls rs.getXxxx() where Xxxxx() is the type.   iBATIS performs no
conversions.   So in a sense, as long as the new SQL Server driver is JDBC compliant, it should
work fine.

Clinton

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 7:11 AM, kiran vuppla <kirankumar_vuppla@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>  I am getting issues with iBatis when using with Sql-Server 2008. A new data type (DATE)
has been introduced in this version and when I try to run the query using iBatis to get the
data in my application it is returning in the form of STRING instead DATE. I want iBatis to
return the Date type columns data in Date not String. I am using iBatis-2.3.2.715 version
currently. Is there any new version of iBatis supports that?