ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Alex Sherwin <alex.sher...@acadiasoft.com>
Subject Where to modify IBatis 3.x to change return types
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 23:13:58 GMT
We're dynamically generating some classes (javassist) and loading them
at runtime, basically, they're simple extensions to POJO's with some new
wrapper methods added.

What I want to do (as inefficient as this may be, but I can optimize
using details within our code etc) is this:

Find the point in the IBatis 3.x code which determines the return type
for a mapped statement.  I've been debugging and tracing for awhile now,
and there's a missing step I don't know how to trace (a dynamic proxy
apparently?) which then forwards to:

MapperProxy.invoke(Object proxy, Method method, Object[] args).

At this point, the best I can tell is that everything will now be (or
already is?) based off of the Method object, which has the return type
set on it. There's obviously no setter on this Method object for
returnType, and I can't construct a new one (it's package-private
constructor), and as far as I know I can't use javassist to modify an
Object instance... I can't figure out how to change what returnType
IBatis thinks it should be using.

Any help is greatly appreciated.