ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Schiettecatte <fschietteca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Maps connection mgmt in servlet
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:31:36 GMT
Andrew

I should have been more specific, technically it not considered thread safe but it seems to
be, at least it has been for me for the past 18 months.

F.

On Mar 6, 2010, at 1:13 PM, Andrew Broderick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to iBATIS. I am using SQL Maps v. 2.3.4 in a servlet.
>
> My config is outlined here:
>
> <transactionManager type="JDBC">
>     <dataSource type="SIMPLE">
> ... connection properties
>     </dataSource>
> </transactionManager>
>
> My DB is PostgreSql.
>
> I have a single SqlMapClient instance as a member variable of the servlet, initialized
in its init() method. Then, multiple clients call its service() method to generate a report,
that consists of many select queries, using the single SQL map instance.