ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Josh Stone <pacesysj...@gmail.com>
Subject Fluent SelectBuilder
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:02:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to iBatis, currently assessing the features for an upcoming project,
and I came across one feature that struck me as being odd - the
SelectBuilder. I'm not sure if this is what was intended as the
implementation of the "dynamic SQL API" described on the 3.0 whiteboard, but
I was wondering if there's a reason why the SelectBuilder API isn't a true
fluent builder API as opposed to the loosely coordinated ThreadLocal backed
implementation? I'm sure that a fluent query API with support for
conditional logic would be a challenge, but there as there are several good
fluent query APIs in various frameworks I would have expected to see
something similar here. This is not a criticism, I'm just wondering if there
was some reason why the API is not fluent.

Cheers,
Josh