ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Patil Yogesh <patilyoge...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem while using RETURNING.. INTO cluase with iBATIS 3.0
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:49:16 GMT

I am using iBATIS3.0/Java with oracle database.

I want my insert to return the id (which is generated by a sequence). For
inserting I am using

<insert id="insertValue" parameterType="Employee">
       insert into emp (ID, NAME, DESIGNATION, DEPARTMENT)
       values (EMPLOYEE_SEQ.nextval, #{name, jdbcType=VARCHAR},
                 #{designation, jdbcType=VARCHAR}, #{department,
jdbcType=VARCHAR})
</insert>

For returning inserted sequenceId I am trying to use RETURNING .. INTO
clause. But it is failing.... I am missing out something....

I am using following syntax for using RETURNING... INTO clause...

<select id="insertEnvelope" parameterType="ValidEnvelope" resultMap="test"
statementType="CALLABLE">
    DECLARE
	envelopeId VARCHAR2(20);
    BEGIN
	INSERT INTO MV.ENVELOPE (ID, PARTY_ID, TYPE_ID, GROUP_ID, NAME,
            CURRENT_BALANCE, DISPLAY_FLAG, STATUS, SORT_ORDER)
	    values (MV.ENVELOPE_SEQ.nextval, #{partyId, jdbcType=VARCHAR},
                        #{typeId, jdbcType=DECIMAL},
	                #{groupId, jdbcType=VARCHAR}, #{name, jdbcType=VARCHAR},
	                #{currentBalance, jdbcType=DECIMAL}, #{displayFlag,
jdbcType=DECIMAL},
	                #{status, jdbcType=VARCHAR}, #{sortOrder,
jdbcType=INTEGER})
	    RETURNING ID into envelopeId;
	END;
</select>

I am able to insert record successfully but I am not able to retrive
inserted ID into it.

Please help me to find out where I am going wrong.......

-----
--
Regards,
Yogesh Patil.