ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From J S <sharpfel...@yahoo.ca>
Subject SqlSession question
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:40:10 GMT
Please exercise some patience if what I am about to ask sounds dumb.  I'm still new to Ibatis;
so far it has been a very pleasant experience.

I get the impression that the SqlSession class bundles the functionality of both, transactions
and a persistence context.  This mixture is still unclear to me, and I would like to understand
more about the semantics behind the SqlSession class.  More specifically, I'd like to understand
the relation/side effects between transactions, jdbc connections and the following methods:

SqlSession.clearCache()
SqlSession.commit()
SqlSession.rollback()
SqlSession.close()

Through some brute force experimentation/debugging, I can see that commit() and rollback()
hold on to a borrowed connection, while close() returns the connection to the pool.  What's
the rationale behind this logic?

Feel free to point me to any docs that may answer some of these.

Thanks.

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!  Get it Now for
Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/