ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Martin Ellis <ellis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read large result set in Ibatis3
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:00:20 GMT
On 25 February 2010 10:53, zkn <zkn@abv.bg> wrote:
> I use limit and offset exactly for this purpose. I think it's much better for the application
and the database server to get the total count with one query and then just get the page you
actually need and want to show to the user. You don't really need to show 10K rows on a single
page to user, do you?

Giovanni is talking about web services, not web pages.

Also, the JasperReports example mentioned earlier in the thread could
be part of a batch process for all we know.  The point is: not every
application is a web application.

Martin