ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ing. Jan Novotný <novotn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing <resultMap> across mapping files
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:26:46 GMT
As far as I know it's possible - but then you have to refer them with full
name including namespace of the file mappings come from.
Even if this is clean and logical, it results in a certain amount of work if
you use it very often. It's a pitty there is no option how to make similiar
aliases (for those often used imported ResultMaps) as it is possible for
Types.

Jan

2010/2/24 J S <sharpfeline@yahoo.ca>

> My apologies if this is something incredibly obvious; I couldn't find the
> answer in the iBATIS-3-User-Guide.pdf.
>
> I have two mapping files; each contains identical definitions of a
> <resultMap> xml snippet.  Is there a way of centralizing common resultMaps
> so that they can be referenced by multiple mapping files thus avoiding
> duplication?
>
> Thanks in advance...

> Looking for the perfect gift?* Give the gift of Flickr!*<http://www.flickr.com/gift/>

Ing. Jan Novotný