ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Alex Sherwin <alex.sher...@acadiasoft.com>
Subject iBatis 3.x common sql fragments?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 14:40:36 GMT
I'm trying to create a "common" Sql Map XML file that will contain some
common fragments.  In iBatis 2.x this was easy enough, the fragments
were referenced by other Sql Map files by using <include
refid="fully.qualified.ns.Statement"/>

I assumed the same would be true for iBatis 3.x as well, but doesn't
seem to be working for me. Right now, the only mapper I have in my
config xml in the <mappers> element is my common xml fragment, while the
rest of my mappers are registered with iBatis programatically.  I gave
my common Sql Map a namespace of "common", and tried to reference a
statement from another SqlMap with <sql refid="common.params"/>, I see
this exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error parsing Mapper XML. Cause:
org.apache.ibatis.builder.BuilderException: Could not find SQL statement
to include with refid 'common.params'

Now, in iBatis 2.x I know all of the statements were validated when the
configuration was loaded, so any commonly used fragments had to be
registered first.  This might be my problem here, however, I don't know
how to check if that's true since my regular mappers are loaded
programatically and the common is configured in the configuration XML