ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From zkn <...@abv.bg>
Subject Re: read large result set in Ibatis3
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:10:38 GMT
My bad, sorry.

But again the same thing works for a web service. You get a "page" from db print it to the
output stream then get the second page and continue printing... Wouldn't that work?
For JasperReports I don't know because I've never used it and I don't know how it works. Sorry
again if my suggestions was off-topic.

On 25.02.2010, at 13:00, Martin Ellis wrote:

> On 25 February 2010 10:53, zkn <zkn@abv.bg> wrote:
>> I use limit and offset exactly for this purpose. I think it's much better for the
application and the database server to get the total count with one query and then just get
the page you actually need and want to show to the user. You don't really need to show 10K
rows on a single page to user, do you?