ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tomáš Procházka <t.procha...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: read large result set in Ibatis3
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:34:55 GMT

I don't need expose JDBC. I only continuously read large table as queue and process every
item.

I already used ResultHandler and ArrayBlockingQueue in handleResult(). If the ArrayBlockingQueue
is full reading is stoped until consuper thread process all items.

But when ArrayBlockingQueue block reading I can't call another iBatis request. Ibatis are
blocked during whole query processing with ResultHandler? I don't use the same Db.getSession();

> Od: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>
> Komu: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> Datum: 18.02.2010 18:45
> Předmět: Re: read large result set in Ibatis3
>
>On 2/18/2010 10:16 AM, Tomáš Procházka wrote:
>> Ideal will be possibility to add method to mapper will return object
>> on which I can call something like getNext(), hasNext() and close().
>> Statement will be open and Ibatis will be read and convert to object
>> only one Object for every getNext call.
>
>That is very JDBC-ish.  From my perspective, iBATIS attempts to hide all that so that
the programmer can just deal with lists of objects. ResultHandler lets you change how the
list gets built.  What you are asking is for JDBC to be exposed again, something like ResultSetHandler.
  I guess it would be possible to make that pluggable, but then you are undoing much of the
framework.