ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From StevenF <ste...@web2.filipowicz.com>
Subject Re: insert going wrong after going from Sybase to MySQL
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:32:18 GMT

Hi Thanks for the reply!

Ok so I did this:

    <statement id = "insertChesser"
parameterClass="nl.chessone40.domain.Chesser" resultClass="java.lang.Long">
        INSERT INTO Chesser
            (login,
            password,
            firstName,
            lastName,
            credits)
        values
            (#login#,
            #password#,
            #firstName#,
            #lastName#,
            #credits#)
    <selectKey resultClass="int" keyProperty="value">
      select last_insert_id() as value
    </selectKey>
    </statement>

But this doesn't work. The project doesn't even start in Tomcat/Eclipse.

In eclipse it gives this error msg: "The content of element type must match
(include|dynamic|and a whole lot more...)"

I'm no expert at Ibatis, but when I normally would do an insert, I would use
<insert id="xxxx" parameterClass...etc> I don't really understand why
<statement id="xxxx" parameterClass...etc> is used.

I'm using Ibatis version 2.3.4

Any ideas what could be wrong here? Thanks a million!

CORRECTION

select last_insert_id()

Damn these fat fingers

--- On Fri, 2