ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From [e2n] software | Björn Raupach <raup...@e2n.de>
Subject Re-2: Logging in iBatis 3
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:37:21 GMT
try {
  // insert, update or delete
  session.commit();
} catch (IbatisException e) {
  log.warn(e.getMessage());
} finally {
  session.close();
}

Now I catch a unchecked exception. I don't know. Feels awkward.

Subject: Re: Logging in iBatis 3 (12-Jan-2010 16:30)
From:    Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
To:      raupach@e2n.de

The SqlException is always within the thrown exception as a chained exception.

Clinton

2010/1/12 [e2n] software | Björn Raupach <raupach@e2n.de>

Hello,

short Question: How is logging configured in iBatis 3?

In iBatis2 we used to caught the SQLException, logged it and threw a RuntimeException.

However in iBatis3 there are no checked execptions anymore.

We are using log4j. In log4j.properties we tried:

log4j.logger.org.apache.ibatis=DEBUG
log4j.logger.java.sql=DEBUG

The sql statement logging is nice, but how to record if something goes wrong? Lets say an
insert fails because of a constraint? There is some nice output in my unit tests, but I havent't
figured out how retrieve the SQL Exection to log the in the application log.

Thanks in advance!