ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mario Ds Briggs <mario.bri...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using iBatis just for generating 'Dynamic SQL'
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:54:56 GMT
Maybe there is a way and the ibatis devs can tell you how. But i will ask a
different question, why not use something like Spring JDBC templates or
similar technology ?

regards
Mario

             Prem75
             <premkumarc@virtu
             sa.com>                                                    To
                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
             09/12/2009 12:14                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Using iBatis just for generating
             user-java@ibatis.         'Dynamic SQL'
                apache.org

iBatis Community,

We are trying to integrate iBatis with JasperReports. Since most of our
reports are huge, we don't want to load the entire result into a collection
and then hand it over to Jasper. Instead we are trying to utilize the
feature where Jasper can take in a java.sql.Resulset object and pull the
data incrementally to build the reports (also we are using the virtualizers
to keep the memory foot print low on the report filling part). Is there a
way to get the Resultset object from iBatis?

This request has been registered earlier
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-290), any idea why this has
request has kept in an unassigned state even though the priority says
major?

Some responses say that, iBatis is not the way to go if we want to directly
work with result sets. Our situation is we are using iBatis to generate
complex dynamic queries, but we want to work with the Resulset directly for
performance reasons.

Few questions (please share your thoughts even if you don't have a
solution)

1. Has anyone solved this or a similar problem, if so please share your
solution or thoughts?
2. Does iBatis have a professional support that we can sign up for?
3. Is there a process through which we can request for a paid new feature
in
iBatis?
4. Is there a way to get the dynamically generated SQL before execution?

Thanks for reading this far, will be glad to hear your thoughts.